Due to uncertainty regarding COVID-19 phasing, as well as state, local and University guidelines related to public gatherings this fall, the 2020 NOLA Bluedoo event has been canceled. We deeply appreciate all who have helped to make this event a huge success over the past six years. Your support of Tulane’s Prostate Cancer Research Fund has made a difference!
Although the event is canceled, prostate cancer continues, unfortunately. And funds are still urgently needed to assist in the search for new treatment options and hopefully a cure. You can continue to help by making a tax-deductible donation today! Every penny is immediately available to Dr. Sartor and his team as they work to make progress against this disease.
To make your gift via credit card, please click the button below.
Prefer to donate via check? Please send to Tulane Cancer Center, ATTN: K. Green, 1430 Tulane Ave., #8668, New Orleans, LA 70112. Please make check payable to “Tulane Cancer Center” and reference “NOLA Bluedoo” in the memo line.
Although we had to dodge a little rain at times, the Sixth Annual NOLA Bluedoo surpassed expectations on so many levels! This simply could not have been possible without the contributions of so many who went above and beyond to make the event a huge success….
- Our guests – patients, family members, walkers, runners and friends – helped to raise awareness of prostate cancer and celebrated survivorship in the fun, festival-style atmosphere.
- Twenty-seven of the best New Orleans restaurants and caterers donated mouthwatering samples of their signature items – an enviable menu thoroughly enjoyed by all who attended.
- Second Line Brewing treated us all to the best craft beers in town.
- Our many entertainment groups – Tulane Soundwave Pep Band, the Pussyfooters, the Mahogany Blue Baby Dolls, the Amelia Earhawts, the Harley Owners Group, the Laissez Boys of New Orleans, the 501st Legion, Soul Saint, Sista Soul and the fabulous Superfans, and of course, the incredible Deacon John & The Ivories – not only got the party started, but kept it going strong all afternoon long.
- Our event staff and volunteers – on both the Downtown and Uptown campuses – gave generously of their time and their energy not only on event day but for weeks leading up to it, making sure that every detail was handled.
- Our friends at the New Orleans Track Club hosted another fun AND deeply meaningful race for so many who participated in honor of loved ones.
- Our NOLA Bluedoo Planning Committee members worked tirelessly and selflessly all year long to help amplify our message and mobilize additional community support.
- And finally, our generous donors contributed a total of $141,500 this year – $890,000 since 2014! – to help support Tulane Cancer Center’s Prostate Cancer Research Program!
THANK YOU for YOUR contributions to Bluedoo’s success! We are so grateful to have your passion and support!
One in every nine of our fathers, husbands, brothers or sons will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime. One in 41 will die of this disease. Prostate cancer is a formidable opponent, but through research and the tireless dedication of world-renowned experts like Tulane Cancer Center’s Oliver Sartor, M.D., we are battling back, and we are making progress. You can join the fight! On Saturday, September 21, 2019, Tulane Cancer Center will host the Sixth Annual NOLA Bluedoo to benefit the prostate cancer research fund at Tulane Cancer Center.
How Can You Help?
Raise Important Research Funds
You can help raise important research funds by
1. Making a tax-deductible donation—any amount is appreciated and makes a difference
2. Becoming a sponsor of the event, or…
3. Purchasing a festival pass, which provides access to all festivities, including food, drink, and music. Festival passes are $25 each or $15 each for students. Those purchasing passes in advance should report to the Festival Pass Tent at the venue to pick up your festival pass bracelet. Students must present a valid student ID. Festival passes are also available for purchase via cash, check or credit card (VISA, MC and Discover only) on race day. Proceeds from donations, sponsorships, auctions/parade of prizes, raffles and festival passes benefit Dr. Oliver Sartor’s Prostate Cancer Research Fund.
You can help raise awareness by registering to participate as a walker or runner in the New Orleans Track Club’s Grand Prix NOLA Bluedoo Walk/Run. Proceeds from walk/run registration fees benefit the New Orleans Track Club.
To make a donation please click here.
To sponsor please click here.
To Purchase a Festival Pass, please click on one of the options below